The 3M™ Peltor™ WS™ ProTac™ XP is an active hearing protector with a boom microphone and Bluetooth 2.1 technology, providing hands-free communication in environments where noise levels are so high that they could cause permanent damage to the ears without reliable protection, such as for:
- Hunting and shooting
- Soldiers, police officers
- Military use
- Industrial environments such as construction sites, agriculture, forestry, carpentry
The Peltor ProTac Series features a built-in active volume function, which ‘listens’ to your surroundings and adapts to what it ‘hears’, so you’ll still be able to hear what is going on around you, such as warning signals, machine sounds and conversations, but you’ll be protected against loud sounds above 85dB, such as gun shots. The electronic technology inside the ear cups analyses the information and processes the sound before reproducing it to the ear. Very loud sounds are reduced to a safe level of 82dB and quiet sounds are amplified to an audible level. Two microphones pick up ambient noises and reproduce them in stereo, while sudden noises are immediately attenuated to a harmless level.
Bluetooth 2.1 technology allows you to pair this headset with any other Bluetooth device, such as your mobile or a Bluetooth 2-way radio. If your radio does not have a Bluetooth, you have the option of purchasing a Peltor FL6000 Series Bluetooth adapter.
The easily accessible control buttons are located on the right ear cup, providing four level options. It has an external audio input jack, which allows you to connect the ProTac to an external radio.
Peltor™ WS™ ProTac™ XP headset is comfortable enough to be worn all day, with individually sprung padded headband wires and soft wide foam fluid-filled ear cushions, which distribute pressure evenly around the ears.
It is powered by 2 x AA NiMH or alkaline batteries, which have an operating life of approximately 24 hours when Bluetooth is activated and 150 hours when Bluetooth is off. Power is automatically shut off after two hours if no function is used. When switched off, the headset remembers the last setting used.
The Pro-Tac II is also available in an ear muff version, for people who just need the advanced hearing protection without the need to communicate.
- High attenuating hearing protection: SNR - 31dB
- DSP - Digital Noise Reduction
- Supports Bluetooth A2DP profile for streaming high quality stereo sound
- Advanced VOX hands-free
- Level dependent function
- Easily accessible control buttons
- Setting memory between use
- Audio input jack for external radio
- Plenty of space for the ear
- Automatic shut-off if no function is used
- Low battery alert
- 2 x AA batteries included
- Weight: 396g
- Testing and approval: EN 352-1:2002, EN352-3:2002, EN352-4:2001, EN352- 6:2002, EN 60950-1:2006 +A1:2010 + A11:2009 +A12:2011, EN300 328 V1.7.1, EN 301 489-1 V1.8.1, EN 301 489-17 V2.1.1
|Ear Defender Type||Connects to walkie talkies or mobiles|
|Wearing style||Over the head|
|Level dependent active listening||With level dependent active listening|
|ATEX||Not ATEX certified|
|Built-in AM/FM radio||Without AM/FM radio|