The Hybrid License-free Kenwood
The Kenwood TK-3401D ProTalk digital 446 dual radio is a license-free portable handheld radio capable of operating through both digital and analogue networks.
Switching between the two modes is simple, making this the ideal radio to adopt during a transition from analogue to digital radios throughout your workplace. Within the two modes, this walkie-talkie offers an impressive 32 channels in total - 16 for digital, 16 for analogue.
The ProTalk's digital audio technology delivers superior sound quality to its analogue predecessors, minimising residual noise and incorporating an AMBE+2 Vocoder to clarify and enhance your voice, as well as increasing coverage by 20% compared to an analogue radio. The integrated BTL amplifier and large speaker provide a 1 watt audio output, meaning your voice is as loud as it is clear.
Lightweight and resistant
Weighing just 280g, this radio is surprisingly robust for its ultra-lightweight build, with a strong IP54/55 water and dust resistance rating and construction meeting US military standard 810G.
You can also adjust the programming of the TK-3401D with no need for additional software, with user customisation possible in the channel frequency, QT tone and DQT code.
The extended range* of this walkie-talkie allows you to communicate over small spaces without needing a repeater.
*The range of a PMR446 radio varies a lot depending on where you use it. The maximum range given by manufacturers is based on ideal conditions, such as from hilltop to hilltop, but the range you actually get will be much less if you are in a built-up area. Trees, walls, hills and even the weather can affect the range of your radio. If you require longer range two-way radios, please see our Licensed Two Way Radios page.
- ETSI TS102 490 compliant dPMR 446
- Dual mode (user selectable analogue/digital)
- FDMA 4-level FSK modulation
- Frequency range: 446.1 - 446.2 MHz (digital) 446.0 - .1 MHz (analogue)
- Channel spacing frequency 6.25 kHz (digital) 12.5 kHz (analogue)
- Congestion-free communications (32-ch/2-zone)
- Extended range*
- IP54/55 rating
- Military standard 810 C, D, E, F & G
- AMBE+2 vocoder
- 1.0W BTL amplifier
- User programmable software
- Kenwood quality
- TK-3301 accessories compatible
- Comes with UK power adapter
- 2000 mAh Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- Battery life 14 hours
- Companded audio per channel
- 3 colour LEDs
- Key lock
- -30°C to +60°C
- Adjustable microphone gain
- Voice annunciation
- Microsoft Windows PC Programming and tuning
- Scan Del/add function
- Size: 54 x 122 x 35.5mm
- Weight: 280g
- 2x Kenwood TK-3401D walkie talkies
- 2x KSC-35S chargers
- 2x KNB-45L Li-ion Batteries
- 2x KBH-10 beltclips
- 2x PTT headsets
- User manual